Series 1 'Special Edition' Sportube
Our smallest, lightest case, the Series 1 is perfect to hold one person's gear so you can travel light and efficient. Hard plastic shell protects your equipment whether traveling by plane, train, automobile or shipping via FedEx / UPS. Sportube cases are lightweight while being strong and durable.
- Adjustable from 48" to 83" (122cm to 212cm) for a One Size Fits All Solution
- 168mm Width x 140mm Depth
- Wheels Improve Maneuverability
- Padded at Both Ends for Additional Protection
- Lockable for Added Security
- Hard Plastic Shell for Uncompromising Strength, Durability and Protection
- Extra Accessories and Lifetime Warranty
- Mountable to Any Roof Rack for quick and easy transportation to your destination
- Ship vis FedEx/UPS without the need for a box
- Airline Friendly
What Can Fit?
- One Pair of Alpine Skis and Poles (up to 165mm at their widest point-see below)
- Two Pair of Skate or XC Skis and Two Pair of Poles
- Up to 5 Aluminum Fly Rod Tubes or 5-6 Spin Casting
- or Bait Casting Rods (less with reels attached)
- 2-3 Spear Guns, Shafts and Spear Points
- And Anything Else You Can Get to Fit
What Makes It 'Special"? Accessories and Lifetime Warranty.
The Series 1 Special Edition Sportube case comes with our most popular accessories, the versatile, multi-use Nik Nac Pac
, the ergonomic, back saving Easy Pull Handle
, the TSA Combination Cable Lock
and a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Other than that and the color, the 'Original' and 'Special Edition' cases are identical.
Will My Skis Fit?
As skis and bindings evolved, in 2006, we modified the mold of all Sportube cases to increase the size to accommodate all ski models and binding types. If you have have a question about your particular set of skis and bindings, please double check the technical specs tab above vs. the widest part of your ski.
During testing at our HQ, we found we were able to fit a twin tip, full rocker pair of skis that are 160mm at their widest point. As long as you have regular alpine bindings, you are in the clear. If you do have rise plates or demo bindings (taller due to adjustment track), your skis need to be 140mm or less at their widest point.
Inside the Sportube
For added protection, we have padded both the nose and tail of the Sportube with durable foam to keep your gear as protected as possible. The telescopic design of the Sportube keeps your equipment secure when the Wire Case Pin or TSA Lock is in by keeping consistent pressure from the top and bottom of the Sportube.
Still on the Fence?
Need a little more convincing that Sportube hard-sided cases are far superior to any soft bag? Why Sportube?
Instructions and Videos