All Sportube cases are blow molded from High-Density Polyethylene, which while being strong and durable is very lightweight. Each case is designed to protect valuable sports equipment from the abuses of airline check-in or shipping by carriers such as UPS and FedEx.
Additionally, when strapped to the roof of a vehicle, each case acts to protect your gear from road salt, dirt and grime.
Features found on all Sportube® Ski & Snowboard Cases include:
Hard Plastic Shell
- Offers superior protection over a soft bag. The hard shell creates a shield around the equipment, thus protecting its contents better than a soft bag.
- Unlike a soft bag plastic will not tear, while dings and dents may occur you can remain confident that your sports equipment will always be safe and sound.
- There are no external buckles, zippers or permanently attached straps to get ripped, torn or broken.
- Some airlines will only take liability for skis and boards packed in a hard case; soft bags may require a signed liability release.
- Each Sportube is fitted with wheels that make it very easy and convenient to get the Sportube from the parking lot to the check-in desk.
- Wheels are molded rubber and fitted with steel bearings allowing for durability and easy rolling.
- Handle is located in a comfortable, ergonomic position to improve maneuverability.
- Optional shoulder strap can be re-positioned on the case to allow for hands-free carrying or towing through the airport.
- Shoulder strap can be detached for shipping and check-in.
- Sportube cases can be used to carry and protect many other products, not just skis and snowboards.
- Cases have been sold for fishing rods, firearms, spear guns, kayak paddles, architectural plans, heart catheters, mining probes and swords to name a few items.
- The snowboard case makes an ideal water ski case and is being used by many professionals on the national and world cup circuits.
- All Sportube cases have a 5 year warranty against manufacturer's defects.
What our customers say...
"I bought your double ski carrier about 10 years ago. We use it to go out west 1 week a year. Thanks for making a quality product that quietly goes about its business flawlessly. It's getting rare to have something that is made in the USA and has quality and integrity..."
Ron, Rome, WI
“I just used my Sportube to take my skis on a European trip and it worked great! Very easy to use and protected my skis wonderfully….”
Karen, Alexandria, VA
“Congratulations on your quality product! I recently returned from a ski trip to find my double ski tube crushed like a beer can at baggage claim. It looked like a fork-lift or some other heavy vehicle had run over it. I thought I would find two pair of new skis ($2000 in equipment) in pieces. However, there wasn’t even a scratch! The airline replaced the tube but I would have gladly purchased another one. Its always refreshing to know I can trust the quality of my equipment.”
Andrew via email
“….Great product by the way. I just traveled to Colorado where I’m doing a week of business and then a week of skiing, so I had a lot of gear with me (36” duffle, computer case and the Sportube) I managed quite easily to maneuver through the airports at both ends thanks to the ease with which the sportubes makes transporting skis”
Stephen, Tucson AZ.
“….your product and our skis & poles after hitting the highway at 65mph survived…”
John, Los Angeles, CA.
“….incidentally, the carrier worked extremely efficiently in allowing us to safely and efficiently transport our skis to Colorado for the return trip to Rhode Island..”
Alan, Providence, RI
“…the Sportube was not strapped down to the rack properly and they came of at 60mph & amazingly they survived with very little damage. I want to congratulate you on an excellent product…..”
Glen, San Francisco, CA
“…Prior to the start of this years ski season my wife and I purchased single Sportubes to protect our skis. Yesterday we returned from a ski vacation in LaThuile, Italy and when I collected our baggage I was dismayed to find that either the Italian or English handlers had exercised their usual care! It looks as though my Sportube has been run over, the end of the handle section is badly dented, scraped and has been punctured. The end of the other section is also scraped and dented but to a lesser extent and has remained intact.
Fortunately as expected the Sportube has done its job and my skis are undamaged. I dread to think what would have happened to them in a regular bag!…..”
Neil via email
“…I recently purchased a 1 ski Sportube from you and I am extremely pleased with it . It certainly takes the worry out of airline travel and is very easy to use. Last year on a ski trip the airline I used completely wrecked my brand new skiis it took me 3 Months of constant phone calls to receive my settlement. Sportube is the answer to my prayers – Thank you…..”
Colin via email
Call us for more details on our TOLL FREE Number 1 800 423 4439.